About our No Interest Loans
We provide No Interest Loans (NILs) for individuals and families on low incomes with access to safe, fair and affordable credit.
Loans are available for essential goods and services such as fridges, washing machines, car repairs and medical procedures for up to $1,500. Repayments are set at an affordable amount over 12 to 18 months.NO FEES, NO INTEREST – EVER!
To find out more about NILs – click links below:
Watch this short Youtube video for a quick overview…
Good Shepherd Micro Finance – Youtube Safe, Fair, Affordable Credit Solutions
How do I apply?
- Fill out the Enquiry Form. You can find a link to the package documents below, or pop into the Forster Neighbourhood Centre at 1 Coral Avenue, Tuncurry, to collect the package. If eligible for a loan, email or drop the completed Enquiry Form into us as soon as possible so we can start the loan process. Alternatively, you can even phone through the information, and we can complete the Enquiry Form over the phone on your behalf.
- Make an appointment for your loan interview. Appointments are only available on Mondays, Tuesdays at the Centre and Thursdays at Tobwabba Aboriginal Medical Service, 68A MacIntosh Street, Forster.
Phone 6555 4351 or email email@example.com
The Centre is open Mondays to Wednesdays 9 am to 4 pm and Thursdays and Fridays from 9 am to 12.30 pm.
Please allow yourself enough time to collect all the information you will need for your interview appointment.
Step 3. Loan applicants are required to bring in all the documentation listed in the Document Checklist of the Information Package (link below). Bring the documents with you, along with your completed budget on page 4, to the interview appointment. We can help you with your budget.
Note: you will need to return for a follow up interview if any documents are missing.
Step 4. At the interview, the Loans Officer and applicant will review all the provided documentation and the loan will be processed in our system. Please note the loan will not be approved or declined at this appointment.
Step 5. Applications are assessed by the Loans Committee and we will contact you regarding the outcome.
You can download the Information Package and Application here:
NILS Loan Application Form
Applicants Rights and Responsibilities
People wishing to use GL NILS have the right to expect that Forster Neighbourhood Centre will make every effort to ensure that their rights are upheld. This includes the right to:
- Be treated fairly and with respect regardless of their personal circumstances or beliefs
- Be informed about the scheme’s eligibility criteria
- Be informed about the loan decision making processes
- Receive the Terms and Conditions of the loan
- Know how information about them is recorded and who will have access to their information
- Make a complaint and have the complaint dealt with fairly and promptly without retribution
- Access their file documents at any time
It is recommended that the NILS applicant be given a copy of their rights and responsibilities at the interview stage.
- The applicant must act in a manner that respects the rights of other applicants and employees of the agency
- The loan applicant is responsible for ensuring all information provided for the purposes of the loan enquiry and interview are true and correct and that no false or misleading information is given at any time.
- It is the borrower’s responsibility to contact the agency if they are unable to make a payment.